Re: [cjwatson@debian.org: Re: Fwd: Processing of ferret_3.0-2_i386.changes]

> > SCP doesn't work (I suspect) because I'm using the "SSH2" package once
> > found in non-free.
>
> Oh, ssh2 is broken, yes. Try 'scp -1', perhaps?

I don't keep ssh1 installed for security reasons.  <sigh>

> > I mentioned this (and the reasons why) some time back.
>
> Care to reiterate? I can't remember, I'm afraid. However, as the OpenSSH
> co-maintainer I didn't know that there were still any reasons to use
> ssh2 over OpenSSH. (Before anyone mentions the chroot patch, that was
> never in a version of ssh2 in the archive.)

The problem is that we use SSH2 at work for remote access.  I don't want
to switch to OpenSSH because it is missing the ability to require multiple
authentication methods (e.g. private key AND password) which I want to
make sure that having one stolen is not sufficient for an attacker to
gain access to our network.  I have a "wishlist" bug filed for this.

I've avoided changing to OpenSSH at home because I'm unsure how to convert
the keys from the SSH2 format to the OpenSSH format.

                                          Brian
                                  ( bcwhite@pobox.com )

 Illigitemus non tattus carborundum!  (Don't let the bastards grind you down.)