Re: [cjwatson@debian.org: Re: Fwd: Processing of ferret_3.0-2_i386.changes]

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 01:14:47PM -0400, Brian White wrote:
> Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > * Brian White <bcwhite@pobox.com> [2003-09-20 07:37]:
> > > Neither SCP nor anonymous-FTP methods work and I want to get that
> > > fixed.
> > >
> > > SSH works.  SCP doesn't.
> >
> > Well, it works for everyone else.  So it would be good if you'd find
> > out why it doesn't work for you.  In the meantime, you can put your
> > signed upload somewhere and someone can simply upload it to ftp-master
> > on your behalf.  If you ask on debian-devel@lists.debian.org, I'm sure
> > someone will do that.
>
> SCP doesn't work (I suspect) because I'm using the "SSH2" package once
> found in non-free.

Oh, ssh2 is broken, yes. Try 'scp -1', perhaps?

> I mentioned this (and the reasons why) some time back.

Care to reiterate? I can't remember, I'm afraid. However, as the OpenSSH
co-maintainer I didn't know that there were still any reasons to use
ssh2 over OpenSSH. (Before anyone mentions the chroot patch, that was
never in a version of ssh2 in the archive.)

Cheers,