Re: How to include symlinks to conffiles in a package?

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 02:27:26PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:32:35 +1000, Anthony Towns
> <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> >On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 11:50:04AM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> >> Is there a recommended way to handle this?
> >Yeah: don't ship symlinks in the package; generate them later.
> Is example code available to imitate conffile handling?

For symlinks? I doubt it. There are two things to worry about: one is
where the symlink points, and the other is what it's called. sysvinit's
symlinks don't generally change where they point, but do change what
they're called (S30 -> K20 eg). I don't think renames like that are
something you can reasonably handle in a conffile-esque manner.

Cheers,
aj

Australian DMCA (the Digital Agenda Amendments) Under Review!
	-- http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/blog/copyright/digitalagenda