Re: Debian should not modify the kernels!

El Sun, 21 Sep 2003 13:09:08 +0200 martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> escribió:

> This is *not* my fault. Initially, Debian kernels would differ from
> vanilla kernels mainly because of some things that *had* to be
> fixed. I understand that. Nowadays, Debian kernels feature backports
> from 2.5 and various other "goodies". I don't approve of that.

AFAIK the default kernels are basically the kernel.org ones (it might be
the one distro which does that)

And I don't think that's exactly right. For example, IMHO the default kernel
should include things like ALSA by default to give proper support, not just as
an option (like 95% of distros does). But well, it's just my opinion.

Diego Calleja.