Re: Horrific new levels of changelog abuse

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 09:07:23PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
[snip]
> But the relevance is in the change itself, not the fact that it fixed a
> bug in the Debian BTS.  From that we can draw the conclusion that
> upstream changes do not belong in the Debian changelog if the only
> reason for them being there is that they caused a Debian bug to be
> closed.

You would find it reasonable to omit things like

* New upstream version

from the Debian changelog too, then?

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander      (\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //