Bug#210666: ITP: libdscaler - Video deinterlacer plugins from the DScaler project
Version: N/A; reported 2003-09-12
* Package name : libdscaler
Version : 4.0.1
Upstream Authors : John Adcock <John@adcock8.freeserve.co.uk>
Tom Barry <email@example.com>
* URL : http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net
* License : GPL
Description : Video deinterlacer plugins from the DScaler project
DScaler is a Win32 application that captures video, processes it, and
scales it for presentation. It implements highly sophisticated
algorithms that work in real-time, for high-quality video images.
The libdscaler package contains Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs) from the
DScaler application. They are able to:
* Deinterlace video source, from both cameras and console games;
* Detect and remove 2:2 pulldown (PAL) and 3:2 pulldown (NTSC) for
movies and filmed television programs;
* Reduce video noise on analog sources; and
* Reduce jitter and other video timing anomalies.
Currently, these libraries are used as plugins by the tvtime package,
dynamically loaded using Wine.