Re: Done

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 12:47:39 -0500, Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> said:

>> > It has nothing to do with intelligence. It is about willingness
>> > to help not just point out the weaknesses. If we all start
>> > filling such bugs then we will soon end up in a nice mess.

>> And the maintainers just waits and has things handed to them on a
>> silver platter?

> Yep, you nailed it -- none of us are doing anything else with our
> time besides whining on mailing lists and waiting for complete
> patches to roll in.  Couldn't possibly be working on bugs that
> actually *are* important to our users.

	Curious that you took a rhetorical question about the
 requirement of solutions with bug filings to apply to yourself. Also,
 the language construct I used does not in general imply that the
 question was addressed to all developers; it specifically targeted
 the proposition it was addressing.

	The fact that you think it applies to you implies three
 things, that you
 a) think that poor descriptions are not important to users, despite
    the usability issues
 b) do not consider the issue package selection, which is one of the
    blemishes of our distribution, to be important, since
    providing information to help select packages is not
 c) are too busy to habdle all flaws of your package, unless people
    who file these bugs also hand you the solutions.

	Am I mistaken?

	manoj
--
Finally, Zippy drives his 1958 RAMBLER METROPOLITAN into the faculty
dining room.