Re: Need help on enhancing Telnet with srp

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 03:16:05PM +0200, Milan P. Stanic wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 08:51:51PM -0700, polavarapu deepti wrote:
> >  I am computer science student and my project is to
> > enhance telnet using srp protocol to avoid passing
> > passwords in plain text. i have no idea how to start
> > about. I have link to your web-site with source code
> > for telnet.
>
> Risking to sound stupid, I'll ask: did you look at:
> http://srp.stanford.edu/
>
> >  I have been going through RFC2944 for telenet
> > authentication:srp. I have already written code
> > implementing SRP(secure Remote Password) in C++, just
> > with a server and client. I have no idea what to do to
> > embed this into telnet. Could anyone please help me to
> > get started.
>
> Look at download section on the above mentioned site.

For the curious it is possible to install all of the SRP suite on this site
and it works quite nicely. Packaging it would be a seperate can of worms since
the source provides many executables and at least one library. Not a good
source to package if you are a beginner. It contains an SRP enabled Telnet and
FTP client along with SRP enabled services and PAM module.

Good Luck,
--
Matthew P. McGuire <gray AT shadowglade.net> 1024D/E21C0E88
CB82 7859 26B2 95E3 1328  5198 D57A D072 E21C 0E88