[HELP] Need help with kernel dependencies

Hi,

I'm in urgent need of people investigating kernel and modules
dependencies.

An update to Debian stable is overdue and several kernel packages have
been altered via security updates.  Some of them have the potential to
render modules packages unusable and hence require them to be updated
as well.

Kernels will be updated very conservatively, but still this can cause
trouble with modules packages that Debian also ships but in different
packages (such as alsa, lmsensors, pcmcia-cs etc.), which only match
one particular kernel-image package.

On <http://master.debian.org/~joey/3.0r2/> you'll find how kernel
updates are supposed to be handled.  If you only want to look at the
accepted kernel packages: <http://master.debian.org/~joey/3.0r2/accept/>.

I'd like to know if the accepted kernel packages are likely to cause
problems with the modules packages already present in Debian stable,
and which modules packages need to be updated.

Of course, I'm also interested in comments about the rejected kernel
packages and the ones tagged as 'further investigation required'.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
		-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum