Re: installer for non-free packages in contrib

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> a tapoté :

> > At this point, the question is not how to do it. I can think about 30
> > ways to do it, while I'm surely not the expert here.
>
> I asked you a question which could be answered quite simply by producing
> one of those ways. Go on. It's my honest belief that it can't be done
> correctly; I'm open to hearing ways in which I'm wrong.

Instead of having a package the binary and install it, we can surely
have the package that set up a directory in /usr/src with everything
needed to be build the debian package + a script in /usr/bin that
would create the package and install effectively (named after the
installer package name, for instance).

There's no reason when you install an "installer" to have a software
installed, apart from the installer itself. You should have a tool
that permits you to install the software and that's what I'm proposing.

If you remove the installer, all these files would be removed, whatever
the fact you may have build and installed the non-free software or
not.

I think it's a pretty easy solution to have something clean.

> > Would it be acceptable to fill a bug against each installer that do
> > not build a proper debian package when installing non-free software,
> > as long as a technical solution is provided?
>
> I guess so, if the technical solution is correct. Severity something
> less than release-critical, though.

Is this technical solution acceptable for you?

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org