Re: Accepted galeon 1.3.7.20030825-1 (i386 source)

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 10:12:27PM +0200, JG wrote:

 > In gnome2 there is also something called "gnome-settings-dameon". I
 > don't know exactly what it is used for, but at least the "theme"
 > preferences use it. (i.e. without gnome-settings-daemon running, all
 > applications are in the default theme, if gnome-settings-daemon runs,
 > the applications show my selected theme).

 AFAIUI (read: not at all) you need to start that gnome-settings-daemon
 in your .xsession *and* you have to use gnome-keybinding-properties
 (named to be very easy to find... grmpf!) to set *something* to
 "emacs".  I thought I had found the correct gconf key
 (/desktop/gnome/interface/gtk_key_theme), but it didn't work until I
 used the afore mentioned program to make the changes.  *sigh*  Now it
 works for me.  Read /usr/share/doc/libgtk2.0-0/README.Debian

    Key binding
    ===========
    gnome-settings-daemon overrides gtk-key-theme-name in your gtkrc. so
    if you use GNOME 2, it won't work, and it's not a bug.  Please use
    gnome-keybinding-properties instead of gtk-key-theme-name in your
    gtkrc.

 (says he...)

 Now, if *you* can tell *me* why Epiphay won't let me edit keyboard
 shortcuts according to:

gtk-can-change-accels = 1

 (and the seemingly corresponding gconf key, can_change_accels)

 In fact Epiphay seems to ignore all those things with detachable menus
 and the like... which gnumeric seems to obey.  But gnumeric doesn't let
 me edit the accels either.  And gvim (of all things!) seems to obey
 them, but it at least has the decency to complain when I try to change
 the accels the "GTK+ way".

 Marcelo