Re: debian archive disk space requirements.

On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 12:56:19PM -0700, Joshua Kwan wrote:

 > > [alpha]    7283
 > > [i386]     7889
 >
 > I'd not include non-free in the batch because many non-free on i386 are
 > i386 only, i.e. binary driver installers.

 Ah, well spotted, but still there's some significant difference:

mmagallo@auric:~/ftp/dists$ zcat testing{,-proposed-updates}/main/binary-alpha/Packages.gz | grep-dctrl -s Package -F Architecture -v all | wc -l
   7105
mmagallo@auric:~/ftp/dists$ zcat testing{,-proposed-updates}/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz | grep-dctrl -s Package -F Architecture -v all | wc -l
   7628

 A lot of that is due to the gazillion kernel flavors and their modules,
 some compilers, some sensors and sensor-related stuff, a few acpi
 packages, old libc5 stuff, and the good old "uh?" stuff (firebird for
 example).

--
Marcelo