Re: Accepted kaffe 1:1.1.1-1 (i386 source)

Glenn Maynard dijo [Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 04:03:16PM -0400]:
> If I report "segmentation fault in ls", I--as a user of ls, not a
> developer--couldn't care less about why it was segfaulting or how the
> bug was fixed; I only care that it's been fixed.  If a developer wants
> to spend their limited time researching how the bug was fixed and
> summarizing it in a changelog, great, but it's certainly not something I'd
> expect everyone to do.
>
> (As a user, I'd certainly be rather annoyed at receiving duplicate close
> reports because someone reopened the bug for frivelous reasons, however.
> I get enough junk mail already.)

Ok, you could not care much about why was it broken and how was it fixed
- but then again, we have a lot of different users somehow different
from you, and I don't think you would be bothered by receiving this
extra information. Some users might find it even useful. Some fellow
developers might be interested in knowing how did you do it.

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.cx - (+52-55)5630-9700 ext. 1366
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23