Re: debian archive disk space requirements.

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 11:40:34AM +1000, jason andrade wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've noticed the growth in the debian archive with some concern
> over the last few weeks/months.  We're now hitting the limit of
> the partition that debian is on and it will be quite difficult
> technically for us to deal with this in the short term.

[snip]

> Is there any way to reduce the size of the archive over the next
> 4-6 weeks ?

If you have info on what people dowload, you could delete things that people
aren't fetching. apt falls-back to other archives if the first one fails,
assuming the same package is listed in one of the pther archives in the
sources.list. I'm not sure how difficult this would be. If you also
regenerate the Package file then they will simply become invisible to users.
This could get confusing.

Hope this helps,