Re: Accepted galeon 1.3.7.20030825-1 (i386 source)

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Sven Luther wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 07:31:10AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > It is not only not stable enough it is lacking some key features which forced
>
> Well, what do you prefer : some missing features, or no galeon at all.
I definitely would prefer a Galeon with missing features.  But the reason
to remove Galeon was its *instability* (which I did not recognized personally)
and thus the suggestion was to have the stable branch which would bring up
the additional advantage of bringing back those features.  That's all.

So *any* Galeon is fine for me with a slight preference of the stable branch.

> > me to try to port the latest stable Galeon to Sarge.  Unfortunately I failed
> > in tirst run and had no time to investigate in this task.  I think a Galeon
> > 1.2.11 in Sarge would be a must have.
>
> Alternatively, you could help the upstream team re-implementing those
> features.
Ahhh, thanks for reminding me how free software works. ;-))

Kind regards

        Andreas.