Re: Accepted galeon 1.3.7.20030825-1 (i386 source)

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Michael Meskes wrote:

> What does it miss? I'm running 1.3.5 and did not notice that. :-) Okay,
> probably because I don't use these features...
In no special order I'm missing:

   - the brush clearing the URL field
   - the "add bookmark to" menu entry to put a certain bookmark directly into
     the right place
   - the quick access to proxy settings and other settings which is nice
     to have in changing environments (Laptop)

Probably some others I do not remember quickly.  Upstream explains this fact
on the web pages and *I* can understand this but I earnect critics by my
wife ...

Moreover I do not like the new hot keys because I was comfortable with
      <Ctrl>{<Left>,<Right>}  to go  {back,foreward}
which was replaced by some other keys which are used in my special environment
for a different purpose.  I should file a wishlist bug report to ask for a
configuration feature for those hot keys but I had no time to check whether
it is just implemented and I was simply not able to find it.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

BTW: Font rendering with GTK+2.0 is so much better that switching back to
     Galeon 1.2.x would be hard, but the features above are worth it in my
     opinion.