Re: binaries provided by multiple source packages

Ok i see that you got apache in the middle of a transition, that is why
your check still see apache-perl as a source.

a few months ago there were 3 apache flavours built from 3 different
sources. apache, apache-ssl and apache-perl. Since the apache source code
was present in all of them and they were often out of sync we (as apache
maintainer team) decided to merge the 3 sources in one (apache) and be
able to build the 3 flavours out of it. A special cases has been done for
libapache-mod-perl. mod_perl is a requirement to build apache-perl so we
decided to generate libapache-mod-perl together with apache{-ssl,-perl}
without bloating the archive with another source package.

The only reason you still find apache-perl as source in the archive is
because ftp-master scripts still have to remove it. Of course this is
valid for sid/sarge. woody can't be changed and it willl ship the 3
sources that you see in the pool.

I think this should clarify everything.

Fabio

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html