Re: binaries provided by multiple source packages

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 08:38:12PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> > apache-perl		(apache, apache-perl)
> > libapache-mod-perl	(apache, libapache-mod-perl)
>
> wearing my apache maintainer hat, apache-perl needs libapache-mod-perl to
> build and vice versa... shipping them togheter solves a lot of troubles..

If I got this correct:

Why do you need to have apache-perl getting built by both the
apache and apache-perl source code?

If it is meant to be getting built by the apache source code, then
there is no need for the apache-perl source package?

If is is meant to be getting built by the apache-perl source code, then
there is no need to build it again in the apache source package?

I am not sure if this breaks anything in policy, it would
just seem kind of weird having two source packages where only
one would seem to be appropriate.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>