Re: Accepted gdesklets-data 0.13.1 (all source)

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 04:38:51PM +0200, Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:
> > Is there something preventing the use of a .orig.tar.gz tarball. It
> > would be nice to see a .orig.tar.gz containing only upstream bits and
> > the debian stuff in the diff, for review purpose and for bandwith
> > saving.
>
> Again. It's a debian _native_ package, there is no such thing as "upstream"
> in native packages.

What makes it a native package? Or if you prefer, what prevent it of not
being a native package?

One of the inconvenient of the 'native' format used for a package made
of upstream tarballs is that it makes it difficult to review (and also
waste some bandwith).
In this particular case, the diff.gz could certainly contains only the
debian directory. But I agree that the tarball will be custom made for
debian.

Christophe

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice there is. -- Yogi Berra