Re: Correct Directory for networkboot clients

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 09:46:55AM -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 02:38:32PM +0200, Daniel J. Priem wrote:
> > The rootfilesystem is writable but will be normaly not changed. Only on
> > Startup the configfiles for the client will be created / linked

> Still, conceptually, a root filesystem is "state" information for the
> netbootable client.  Even if the default policy is to not change the root
> filesystem, is that written in stone?

It's often shared between multiple clients -- it should be read-only for
normal operations.

FWIW, I seem to have a /usr/lib/lts/i386-linux directory on my system; I
think this was an upstream default.  Since all of the files under there
are merely "data" to the host system, /usr/share/ltsp/i386-linux is
probably fine.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer