Re: FTBFS: architecture all packages

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 11:39:00AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> I also like the idea of rebuilding packages with newer versions of
> their build-depends (or tool-chain) when a buildd is idle. That too
> would require a more automatic handling of maybe-successfull builds
> that won't be uploaded.

That would presumably need an additional version number field "build
version" or similar, or you'd have 2 debs with identical version which
are different.

Perhaps maintainers should upload only binaries with version
upstreamv-debv-0 and buildds could then upload upstreamv-debv-buildv
with buildv starting at 1. This would also allow the maintainer to
immediately provide binaries for any architectures they wish as is
possible at the moment, but the buildds for these arches would try to
build the packages again anyway. You could even still require a -0
binary be uploaded as is currently the case to be sure that the
maintainer has built the package.

Ian