Re: #206298 spip: prerm script blindly removes directories

Le Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 11:34:40AM -0600, Jamin W. Collins a écrit :
> > Mmm... yes and no. Some of them could be. But a user may upload files
> > without using them in the application.  So, the files are available,
> > but unused, and unreferenced.
>
> That would appear to be a deficiency of the spip app and one that should
> probably be brought to the upstream developers attention.  The
> application should probably log all uploads.
Not necessary. Web administrators may upload files via FTP, andspip
users  never use them onto spip ? If so, the files will stay in place in
upload, instead of beeing integrated onto the spip tree at the right
place, and being logged in the sql database.

> > Of course, I understand. But I wonder they won't upload personal files
> > for another use than spip here...
> This falls into something of a grey area.  Can the data concievably be
> of value ot the user without spip?  If so, then it is probably user data
> and should not be removed without confirmation from the user (debconf
> prompt that defaults to no?)
You're right. I'll do such a dialog.

> > True. But due to the implemntation of the application, which is
> > written in php, datas are stored on the program dir. There is no real
> > separation between datas and functions.
> >
> > And if i symlink some datas (for apache access AND direct file handler
> > access), i'll will setup another alarm... and it won't be accepted.
>
> So, use Alias directives to relocate the directories that need changing
> data to /var/lib.  There is no need to use symlinks to accomplish this.
Yes it needs. I've still moves documentation to usr/share/doc, instead
of spip/ecrire/doc, but it is rather different with the cache and other
application managed files.

You may access the php files via apache, but php files may access to
other php file, or static file. For instance, to modify the
configuration, or read the cache.

The cache management will be patched to go to /var/cache, but I cannot
do more without symlinks... The application won't be changed to handle
FHS correctly without complete rewriting.

Just imagine that spip is a set of application datas for apache/php,
but is an complete application, with datas, procedures, and cache -- the
reason of the packaging.

> As a matter of fact, your current apache include enables the following
> of symlinks, which it doesn't need and probably shouldn't. I can provide
> examples of this if you need.
I accept. Please send me examples in private, if you found a way to
move php files accessing each other (via "include") in another directory,
without patching the application.

--
Monsieur à qui on ne la fait pas cherche Dame à qui on ne l'a pas fait.

Gaétan RYCKEBOER                                  Société Virtual-Net
[Tous textes et propos tenus dans ce couriel sont sous license DMDZZ]