Re: proposal: per-user temporary directories on by default?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: proposal: per-user temporary directories on by default?
- From: Andrew Pimlott <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 00:09:25 -0400
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20030816040925.GA6887@pimlott.net>
- Mail-followup-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20030725192704.GA6547@rivest.dlitz.net>
- References: <20030723211409.GA31197@dragon.kitenet.net> <email@example.com> <20030724161129.GA12355@dragon.kitenet.net> <20030724195005.GB7501@molehole.dyndns.org> <20030724225650.GA27904@rivest.dlitz.net> <20030725134320.GA10407@molehole.dyndns.org> <20030725192704.GA6547@rivest.dlitz.net>
On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 01:27:04PM -0600, Dwayne C. Litzenberger wrote:
> Oddly, it doesn't seem to set the environment variables properly when using
> "su", though it seems to be creating the correct directories. But neither
> does pam_env.so (anyone know why?).
- sudo has the same problem (and other PAM issues).
- ld.so silently clears TMPDIR for setuid programs. This isn't a
hole in typical scenarios, but I'm sure there's some atypical one.