Re: Ideas about allowing Co-maintainer

* Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org) [030815 18:35]:
> But my experience as a maintainer and patch submitter is that good
> patches are 95% likely to be eventually applied, and that they're 50%
> likely to be applied within a month. My experience is also that 10% of
> bugs tagged patch do not contain a patch, and >30% of patches are not
> good patches. One of the most important jobs of a package maintainer is
> filtering out bad ideas and bad patches.

IMHO the difference between your and Marcs observations is a different
point of view. Looking at all patches in a certain timeframe you are
right. However, the bugs of the maintainers with rather too less time
tend to stay much longer, and if you look only at the maintainers with
aged bugs tagged patch than you will certainly get a different
picture. So, Marcs observation is also true. And if trying to do QA
one certainly look at the worse maintained packages first, as there is
less need for the good maintained ones.

So, nobody is complaining about the way you integrate patches into
your packages (and the same is valid for most other maintainers that
are discussing here).

Cheers,
Andi
--