Re: Territorialism

* Thomas Hood (jdthood@yahoo.co.uk) [030813 12:35]:
> Marc Haber wrote:
> > I currently don't see any chance to get the (fully
> > backwards-compatible) patch from Bug #88948 into
> > the mainstream package before sarge's release.
> > Which is a real pity.

> Perhaps there is no harm in adding a null method which allows
> the user to do all setup in up and down scripts.  However,
> no working code has been provided.  The patch you submitted is,
> you admit, out of date.   Therefore I don't think it is fair
> to criticize the ifupdown author for not having satisfied
> this wish.

The patch was working code at the moment it was submitted, it was just
refined since then. And there is a working version of ifupdown
available on the net at the place mentioned in the BTS. So I think
it's not fair to take the blame to Marc, as everything is there. (And
this patch really does not add much code to ifupdown, but makes it
much easier to deny other addition requests, so I think it should be
included.)

Cheers,
Andi
--