Re: Territorialism

Marc Haber wrote:
> I currently don't see any chance to get the (fully
> backwards-compatible) patch from Bug #88948 into
> the mainstream package before sarge's release.
> Which is a real pity.

Ifupdown is the sort of program that could very easily become
bloated with too many features.  Therefore it is good that the
author hasn't leapt to implement every single one.

Perhaps there is no harm in adding a null method which allows
the user to do all setup in up and down scripts.  However,
no working code has been provided.  The patch you submitted is,
you admit, out of date.   Therefore I don't think it is fair
to criticize the ifupdown author for not having satisfied
this wish.

--
Thomas Hood