Having more than one key in the Debian keyring

Hi,

In the next few weeks, I will replace my GPG key with a new one. Since
I suspect that the time it takes for a key to be exchanged in the key
ring needs to be measured in weeks or months[1], I would like to
submit the new key and to retract the old key once the new key has
made it into the Debian key ring.

This would mean that I would have two keys in the key ring for a short
period of time. I didn't find any documentation about that procedure
in developer's reference or policy, so I would like to ask if it is
possible to have multiple keys in the keyring.

Greetings
Marc

[1] I have heard of DDs retiring because they were unable to get a new
key into the keyring in any reasonable time