Re: Having more than one key in the Debian keyring

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 12:21:52PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:

 > In the next few weeks, I will replace my GPG key with a new one.
 > Since I suspect that the time it takes for a key to be exchanged in
 > the key ring needs to be measured in weeks or months[1], I would like
 > to submit the new key and to retract the old key once the new key has
 > made it into the Debian key ring.

 If the new key is properly signed and you send a message signed with
 your old key containing your new key, there should be no problem (as
 long as the original key has not been revoked).  You might be
 confronted to the question of why do you need to replace your current
 key (web of trust and all that).

--
Marcelo