Zeroconf Debian?

I'm currently at the SAGE-AU annual conference, and Apple presented a
paper about their Rendezvous technology, which is their implementation of
Zeroconf[1].

Is anyone working on getting Debian to do any of this sort of stuff? If
not, I might look into spinning off a subproject. I don't think it would
be significantly difficult to get parts of this working relatively
quickly. Minor changes to ifupdown would allow for allocating an IP
address without a HCP server, for example.

[1] http://www.zeroconf.org