Re: Zeroconf Debian?

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 13:28 +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> I'm currently at the SAGE-AU annual conference, and Apple presented a
> paper about their Rendezvous technology, which is their
> implementation of Zeroconf[1].
>
> Is anyone working on getting Debian to do any of this sort of stuff?

There is already a project for zeroconf [1]. And a debian source
package [2]. There is also a paper [3] presented at lca2003 [4] by Brad
Hards.

[1] http://zeroconf.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://packages.qa.debian.org/zcip
[3] http://niquia.its.monash.edu/lca2003/papers/Brad_Hards/Brad_Hards.pdf
[4] http://www.linux.org.au/conf/2003/

> If not, I might look into spinning off a subproject. I don't think it
> would be significantly difficult to get parts of this working
> relatively quickly. Minor changes to ifupdown would allow for
> allocating an IP address without a HCP server, for example.
>
> [1] http://www.zeroconf.org

Kind regards,

Aníbal Monsalve Salazar
--

 .''`.  Debian GNU/Linux      | Building 28C
: :' :  Free Operating System | Monash University VIC 3800