Re: How to install X-Chat in five hours (or more)

Michael Piefel wrote:
Am  6.08.03 um 13:04:41 schrieb Emile van Bergen:

Tab completion or using /Va* is about as fast as /var.

I've considered tab-completion and /Va*, but you must realise that they
work only in the shell.

Neither tab-completion or globbing is available when I'm editing a file
and have to write those path names.

In Vim insert mode, press ^X^F for completion, ^N/^P to choose among
many. Also, in GTK+, file selector boxes allow for tab completion.

Also, in emacs one of the expansion techniques used by hippie-expand is to perform filename completion.

-- Keith

P.S. Despite that I'm in favor of shortness. Even "ls" instead of "dir" is worth it for me ;)