Re: NM non-process

* Goswin Brederlow (brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de) [030806 05:35]:
> Kalle Kivimaa <kalle.kivimaa@iki.fi> writes:
> > BTW, has anybody done any research into what types of package
> > maintainers tend to go MIA? I would be especially interested in a
> > percentage of "old" style DD's, DD's who have gone through the NM
> > process, people going MIA while in the NM queue, and people going MIA
> > without ever even entering the NM queue. I'll try to do the statistics
> > myself if nobody has done it before.

> And how many NMs go MIA because they still stuck in the NM queue after
> years? Should we ask them? :)

Many. While cleaning up the ITPs/RFPs I asked many packagers about the
status of their package and got quite often a "package is more or less
ready, but I'm waiting of DAM-approval because I don't want the hassle
of another sponsored package", or, what's worse a "package was ok some
time ago, but as Debian doesn't want me I stopped fixing it".

Sad.

Cheers,
Andi
--