Re: Should MUA only Recommend mail-transfer-agent?

Hi, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> * Morgon Kanter
>
> | What if the MTA is on a different host? Can't mutt speak SMTP?
>
> Not without a patch, which afaik, isn't in the mutt in Debian.

I would recommend using that patch, then.

IMHO using any local mailer is a bad idea on a desktop system. You send
off the mail, your MUA says "Sent", you power down or just close the
laptop, and, if your smarthost happens to be a bit slow today, the mail
sits there indefinitely.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de
:flypage: /fli:'payj/ n. (alt. `fly page') A {banner}, sense 1.