Re: How to install X-Chat in five hours (or more)

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 03:03:54PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 09:55:59 -0700 (PDT)
> Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> > And I'm a geek, one who has been using GNU-based distributions on multiple
> > machines on a daily basis for at least 3 years, and Sun for 6 years before
> > that, and I _still_ have difficulty. This should be ringing usability
> > alarm bells.
>
>     No, it shouldn't.  I should be ringing alarms about the veracity of your
> claims and your capabilities.

Hixie's pretty well-known in certain other free software circles. What
I've seen of him elsewhere implies to me that he isn't incompetent in
the least, and frankly I think you're going way overboard in the
hostility of your responses. I'm sure it's possible for us to recognize
that things aren't perfect even if we disagree on how to fix them.

Cheers,