Re: libraries being removed from the archive

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 10:53:00AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> In this case, libexif8 -> libexif9, this is a major soname bump, so should
> have required a new source package.  The maintainer was probably derelict in
> this case.

The source package is libexif independently of the soname.
Are you suggesting that ALL library packages should come with a new source
package for each major soname change?
I was not derelict. If you have good arguments to answer yes to the
above question, please give them to me. In the mean time I will keep
doing it the way I believe makes the more sense and which happens to be a
very common practice.

Christophe

Whether you believe you can, or whether you believe you can't, you're
absolutely right. --Henry Ford