Re: libraries being removed from the archive

You are kidding right?

I have not removed an old library, I have uploaded a newer upstream with
a different soname. That's the way it works, a new library is uploaded,
then packages using it are rebuilt and when they are all ready they
migrate in testing.

As the gphoto2 maintainer, I don't remember getting mails from you
announcing an upcoming libusb package with a new soname. Perhaps that's
because I was waiting for a few months to get a working one for our
powerpc users.

IMHO we need to make an addition to the policy stating that not being an
asshole on the mailing-list is welcome. I don't remember sending mails
to the mailing list when the libusb packaging was broken for a few
months, but I do remember sending you polite mails.

For you information, some packages using libexif need libexif9.
I agree that I could (should) have sent a prior notice before uploading it
(more than a week ago, BEFORE your kdegraphics upload), but that's not
an excuse to be an asshole.

Christophe