Re: setuid/setgid binaries contained in the Debian repository.

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 05:09:56PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	It is? OK, I am telling you /usr/bin/bar program in package
>  foo really needs to be sgid. I'll document it in bar.6. Is this the
>  end of discussion? Or are we going to really need to look at the code
>  to see if the setgidness can be worked around?

It is the minimum I would expect from a good package, of course it can be
done much better.

Personally I do not care much about the games, because I expect them to be
unsecure and simply do not install them on important servers with multiple
users. However I can understand admins who want to maintain a friendly user
environemnt, and we should serve them by allowing "chmod g-s /usr/games/*".

BTW: anband is playable without sgid, but since I do not manage to get past
level 1 i am nor sure what kind of implications this has :)

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --