Re: CUPS should be the default print service in Debian/Sarge

* Joe Wreschnig (piman@debian.org) [030802 10:05]:
> CUPS is configurable via ordinary text configuration files like most
> Unix programs, a web interface (which is what I use), GNOME or KDE
> frontends, probably a number of miscelleaneous toolkit frontends, too...
>
> Personally, I'm surprised there's still people with printers who
> *haven't* tried CUPS. For the vast majority of situations, it's
> incredibly easier to configure, and usually more reliable about output,
> than lprng.

I failed configuring CUPS for my rather simple setup here, and so I
switched to LPRng. (Perhaps the HOWTO for the text interface was just
too bad, I don't know. Printer is a HP Laserjet 4L, and CUPS is that
of woody. LPRng did go to working instantly.)

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/