Re: setuid/setgid binaries contained in the Debian repository.

Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> Looking at this statistic, it is clearly visible that most of the exploits
> are game related,

Only because Steve Kemp is doing some good work on auditing our games.
I suspect he would have just as much luck finding security holes in some
other areas.

> Yes, but I think the eyes should concentrate on non sgid-games first.
> Because this might be a realy BIG junk of UGLYNESS one will find there :)

I understand that if you want to help with the auditing effort,
information is here:

http://www.steve.org.uk/Debian/

> > +        <p>
> > +          Since setuid and setgid programs are often a security rick,
> > +          you should not add any new setuid or setgid programs to
> > +          the distribution before this has been discussed on the
> > +          <em>debian-security</em> mailing list and a consensus about
> > +          doing that has been reached.
>
> Do we want to make an sgui games exception here?

No.

--
see shy jo