Re: Why doesn't yehia enter testing?

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 10:40:12PM +0200, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> I wonder why yehia isn't entering testing. According to [0] it makes
> qmailmrtg7 uninstallable, but qmailmrtg7 is totally unrelated to
> yehia, AFAICS.

I've no idea where qmailmrtg7 is coming from, but actually yehia is
caught up in the libsigc++ dependency chain. Since libsigc++'s library
package name has changed since the version in testing, everything
depending on the old version in testing needs to be rebuilt before the
new group can go into testing.

There are several packages at the moment holding this up:

  * aptitude used to depend on libsigc++0. The new version doesn't, but
    it needs the new apt, which is almost ready but is waiting for new
    versions of gcc-3.3 and glibc.

  * lostirc has RC bugs #194366 and #194867.

  * thoughttracker has various build problems; see #198905.

  * gtkextramm has RC bug #197591.

  * vdk2 has RC bug #201318.

  * fwbuilder fails to build on arm.

Fix this lot and I think it should be OK ...

Cheers,