Re: setuid/setgid binaries contained in the Debian repository.

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 02:15:50PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	Only if the game still works -- some games keep not just score
>  files, but saved games in the common area, and would not work as
>  expected if they could not write to that area.

nethack is the only game which comes to mind which does this, and I think it
should probably be changed to keep the saved game in the user's home
directory.  This was clearly done in order to try to prevent cheating, but
again, these days the player has root anyway.

--
 - mdz