Re: [PROPOSAL] Debian Release Plan [was: Re: Future releases of Debian]

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 07:03:46PM +0200, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:

> I propose  to create  a meta-package called  'release-status-sarge' that
> depends on packages (with version number) that we want to see in sarge.

I don't think that the most important release goals can be expressed in
terms of version numbers.  For example, RC bug fixes.  I don't find goals
such as "we want version X of package Y because it's the newest" to be very
useful in producing a quality release, nor do I believe that these are the
kind of goals which are responsible for Debian's long release cycle.

--
 - mdz