Re: setuid/setgid binaries contained in the Debian repository.

* Steve Kemp

| On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 08:20:08AM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
|
| > what's wrong with a low-priority debconf question with a sane default?
|
|   Absolutely nothing at all, but it's a slippery slope, and I thought
|  we were tending towards less interactivity in installations?

which is why I said «low priority»:

'critical' only prompts you if the system might break.
           Pick it if you are a newbie, or in a hurry.
'high' is for rather important questions
'medium' is for normal questions
'low' is for control freaks who want to see everything

If you select low, you will have to drink off the fire hose.  Having
low-priority questionsis good, since it makes it easy to make
customized installs with preloaded answers.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-