Re: CUPS should be the default print service in Debian/Sarge

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 11:35:13AM -0700, Keegan Quinn wrote:
> FWIW, I've had very good experiences with the CUPS in unstable, so
> I'd not object to this.  OTOH, installing it without it being 'default'
> is already quite trivial.  What would this change entail, exactly?

So i had/have either in unstable and in stable.
Should exim not to be the default MTA, it would be trivial to install too.
This is not the point: the point is that CUPS is perfectly working for most of
us and shows really a lot of good features, a user-friendly interface, quite
large number of direvers support.
It is a good solution for any user level with most common printers/needs, thus it
should be the default (IMHO).

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have