Re: package name change (moviemate -> mediamate)

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry <shalehperry@comcast.net> writes:

> you should Conflict, Replace, and provide MovieMate.  This will ensure a
> smooth transition.  You instead (may) want to upload a package called
> moviemate which is a dummy package that depends on MediaMate.

I'd say "as well as" rather than "instead," though of course you'll
need to limit the conflict to pre-transition versions so that the
dummy package is actually installable....

Otherwise, yeah, just make the change as smooth and transparent as you
can.

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.