Re: More mailing from BTS?

> On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 12:31:53AM +0400, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
>> Currently, BTS sends weekly two mails to debian-devel-announce - one
>> about WNPP and one about RC bugs.
>>
>> I think it will help to improve Debian quality if several more lists will
>> be "broadcasted" by BTS:
>
> I'm rather concerned that if you make the BTS send half a million things
> to debian-devel-announce then no-one will read them. The level of
> attention paid to the RC bug list has dropped significantly since I
> became a developer.

I don't think that no one. I will at least look through such lists :).
But maybe debian-qa is a better place than debian-devel-announce.

> I think it's better for interested parties to look at this information
> themselves:

IMHO having such mail in the mailbox is more likely to motivate people fix
bugs that having a knowledge that they can type cryptic URL to see what
they can do.

Recently I have to mail a package maintainer personally because a (trivial)
patch I submitted to fix segfault in his package was in BTS since November
and still not applied. I got a reply in several hours. I see this fact as a
proof that mail reminders are effective, at least sometimes and for some
people.