Re: Multi-level symlinks for default kernel

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:29:59 -0700, Mike Fedyk <mfedyk@matchmail.com> said:

> Hi, I am wondering if anyone else is having the same problems I am
> with debian keeping the vmlinuz symlink in /.

> I have several systems where /boot is the only filesystem accessable
> by the boot loader because of software raid, or possibly lvm
> (haven't done this yet, but thinking about it).

> I regularly build my own kernels with make-kpkg, so I changed it to
> put the vmlinuz symlink in /boot, and changed my menu.lst file in
> grub to use this symlink to boot from.

	From man kernel-img.conf:
              Set to Yes if you want the symbolic link to  the  kernel  image,
              namely,  vmlinuz  in  /boot rather than the default /.  The old,
              and very confusing, name image_in_boot is deprecated,  since  it
              is  the symbolic link that is usually being relocated.  Defaults
              to No.

The truth you speak has no past and no future. It is, and that's all
it needs to be.