[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Why back-porting patches to stable instead of releasing a new package.

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 08:58:55AM -0500, Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis wrote:

> Things are clearer now. You're right: i should have done a new package by
> time, but you probably ignore that, due to lack of time, i've filed an RFA on
> phpgroupware which resulted in many mails and no real effort (apart a new
> version from Tilo Levante few time ago). In this span of time package was
> subject to many bugfix releases, which i could not care about. Now that I'm
> back working on it i've to deal with a security issue. What am i supposed to
> do? Build a new version for the proposed-update procedure?

Thomas Viehmann has been working on an update and making good progress.  If
you can help him in any way, that would be great.  The current security
issues are urgent, and should not, I think, be delayed by other bugfixing
efforts at this time.  Once the security update is complete, of course, it
might be good to make a proposed-updates upload fixing other important bugs
(based on the security update, or otherwise including the fixes).

 - mdz

Reply to: