Re: coreutils with acl support

* Michael Stone (mstone@debian.org) wrote:
> to optional, but that would probably break something.) Thus, I am
> soliciting input about whether this is something people would like to
> see. The advantage is better support for acl's in debian (which will be

I'd definitely like to see it.  I think this is definitely functionality
we should have.  I assume these core utils will work with 2.2.x, 2.4.x,
etc cleanly?  Perhaps that's more a question about the libacl packages
but I'm not really worried just want to be very sure this won't break
anything. :)

> Another possibility would be an optional coreutils-acl package or
> somesuch, but I don't particularly like the idea of diversions or
> alternatives or complex dependency structures for ls et al.

I really don't like this idea.  Just invites trouble imv.

	Stephen