Re: Multi-level symlinks for default kernel

> I am wondering if anyone else is having the same problems I am with debian
> keeping the vmlinuz symlink in /.
>
> I have several systems where /boot is the only filesystem accessable by the
> boot loader because of software raid, or possibly lvm (haven't done this
> yet, but thinking about it).
>
> I regularly build my own kernels with make-kpkg, so I changed it to put the
> vmlinuz symlink in /boot, and changed my menu.lst file in grub to use this
> symlink to boot from.

In this situation, why don't you just forget about the /vmlinuz
symlink altogether and just have /boot/vmlinuz point to the proper
kernel image? (on my system there is no symlink, I just update grub to
point to a new kernel image). I don't see what grub has to be patched
for.

Morgon
--
"Man is the only creature capable of hating itself" -- Governor of Japan
in The End of Evangelion